Cooking Time: 2 Hours
8 pounds leg of lamb, bone-in, fat trimmed
2 lemons, juiced, zested
1 tablespoon minced garlic
4 sprigs of rosemary, 1-inch diced
4 cloves of garlic, peeled, sliced lengthwise
Salt as needed
Ground black pepper as needed
2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Switch on the Traeger grill, fill the grill hopper with cherry flavored wood pellets, power the grill on by using the control panel, select ‘smoke’ on the temperature dial, or set the temperature to 450 degrees F and let it preheat for a minimum of 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, take a small bowl, place minced garlic in it, stir in oil and then rub this mixture on all sides of the lamb leg.
3. Then make ¾-inch deep cuts into the lamb meat, about two dozen, stuff each cut with garlic slices and rosemary, sprinkle with lemon zest, drizzle with lemon juice, and then season well with salt and black pepper.
4. When the grill has preheated, open the lid, place the leg of lamb on the grill grate, shut the grill, and smoke for 30 minutes.
5. Change the smoking temperature to 350 degrees F and then continue smoking for 1 hour and 30 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 130 degrees F.
6. When done, transfer lamb to a cutting board, let it rest for 15 minutes, then cut it into slices and serve.
InfoCalories: 219 Cal ;Fat: 14 g ;Carbs: 1 g ;Protein: 22 g ;Fiber: 0 g