Cooking Time: 1 Hour And 15 Minutes
2 cowboy cut steak, each about 2 ½ pounds
Salt as needed
Beef rub as needed
For the Gremolata:
2 tablespoons chopped mint
1 bunch of parsley, leaves separated
1 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon lemon zest
½ teaspoon minced garlic
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Switch on the Traeger grill, fill the grill hopper with mesquite flavored wood pellets, power the grill on by using the control panel, select ‘smoke’ on the temperature dial, or set the temperature to 225 degrees F and let it preheat for a minimum of 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the steaks, and for this, season them with salt and BBQ rub until well coated.
3. When the grill has preheated, open the lid, place steaks on the grill grate, shut the grill and smoke for 45 minutes to 1 hour until thoroughly cooked, and internal temperature reaches 115 degrees F.
4. Meanwhile, prepare gremolata and for this, take a medium bowl, place all of its ingredients in it and then stir well until combined, set aside until combined.
5. When done, transfer steaks to a dish, let rest for 15 minutes, and meanwhile, change the smoking temperature of the grill to 450 degrees F and let it preheat for a minimum of 10 minutes.
6. Then return steaks to the grill grate and cook for 7 minutes per side until the internal temperature reaches 130 degrees F.
InfoCalories: 361 Cal ;Fat: 31 g ;Carbs: 1 g ;Protein: 19 g ;Fiber: 0.2 g