Cooking Time: 1 Hour 35 Minutes
8 C. apple juice
1 C. light brown sugar
½ C. kosher salt
½ C. BBQ rub
For Pork Chops:
4 thick-cut pork loin chops
2 tbsp. BBQ rub
1 tbsp. Montreal steak seasoning
1. For brine: in a large pan, add 4 C. of apple juice and cook until heated completely.
2. Add sugar, salt and dry rub and cook until dissolved, stirring continuously.
3. Remove the pan from heat and stir in remaining apple juice.
4. Set aside to cool completely.
5. In a larger zip lock, add brine mixture and chops.
6. Seal the bag and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
7. Set the temperature of Traeger Grill to 250 degrees F and preheat with closed lid for 15 minutes.
8. Remove the chops from brine and set aside for about 10-15 minutes.
9. Now, season the chops with BBQ rub and steak seasoning evenly
10. Place the chops onto the grill and cook for about 1½ hours.
11. Remove the chops from grill and set aside for about 5 minutes before serving.
Info Calories per serving: 609; Carbohydrates: 92.6g; Protein: 29.5; Fat: 12.6; Sugar: 84.2g; Sodium: 299mg; Fiber: 1g