Cooking Time: 5 Hours
4 turkey legs
For the Brine:
1/2 cup curing salt
1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
1 cup BBQ rub
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 bay leaves
2 teaspoons liquid smoke
16 cups of warm water
4 cups ice
8 cups of cold water
1. Prepare the brine and for this, take a large stockpot, place it over high heat, pour warm water in it, add peppercorn, bay leaves, and liquid smoke, stir in salt, sugar, and BBQ rub and bring it to a boil.
2. Remove pot from heat, bring it to room temperature, then pour in cold water, add ice cubes and let the brine chill in the refrigerator.
3. Then add turkey legs in it, submerge them completely, and let soak for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
4. After 24 hours, remove turkey legs from the brine, rinse well and pat dry with paper towels.
5. When ready to cook, switch on the Traeger grill, fill the grill hopper with hickory flavored wood pellets, power the grill on by using the control panel, select ‘smoke’ on the temperature dial, or set the temperature to 250 degrees F and let it preheat for a minimum of 15 minutes.
6. When the grill has preheated, open the lid, place turkey legs on the grill grate, shut the grill, and smoke for
5 hours until nicely browned and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
7. Serve immediately.
InfoCalories: 416 Cal ;Fat: 13.3 g ;Carbs: 0 g ;Protein: 69.8 g ;Fiber: 0 g