Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
3 pounds chicken wings, tips removed
2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Rub:
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons brown sugar
For the Sauce:
4 jalapeno peppers, sliced crosswise
8 tablespoons butter, unsalted
1/2 cup hot sauce
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
1. Switch on the Traeger grill, fill the grill hopper with hickory flavored wood pellets, power the grill on by using the control panel, select ‘smoke’ on the temperature dial, or set the temperature to 350 degrees F and let it preheat for a minimum of 15 minutes.
2. Prepare the chicken wings and for this, remove tips from the wings, cut each chicken wing through the joint into two pieces, and then place in a large bowl.
3. Prepare the rub and for this, take a small bowl, place all of its ingredients in it and then stir until combined.
4. Sprinkle prepared rub on the chicken wings and then toss until well coated.
6. When the grill has preheated, open the lid, place chicken wings on the grill grate, shut the grill and smoke for 40 minutes until golden brown and skin have turned crisp, turning halfway.
7. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce and for this, take a small saucepan, place it over medium-low heat, add butter in it and when it melts, add jalapeno and cook for 4 minutes.
8. Then stir in hot sauce and cilantro until mixed and remove the pan from heat.
9. When done, transfer chicken wings to a dish, top with prepared sauce, toss until coated, and then serve.
InfoCalories: 250 Cal ;Fat: 15 g ;Carbs: 11 g ;Protein: 19 g ;Fiber: 1 g