Cooking Time: 1 To 2 Hours
2 boneless chicken breasts with drumettes attached
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup teriyaki sauce
¼ cup canola oil
¼ cup white vinegar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
¼ cup chopped scallions
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1. Place the chicken in a baking dish.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, canola oil, vinegar, garlic, scallions, pepper and ground mustard, then pour this marinade over the chicken, coating both sides.
3. Refrigerate the chicken in marinade for 4 hours, turning over every hour.
4. When ready to smoke the chicken, supply your smoker with wood pellets and follow the manufacturer’s specific start-up procedure. Preheat, with the lid closed, to 250°F.
5. Remove the chicken from the marinade but do not rinse. Discard the marinade.
6. Arrange the chicken directly on the grill, close the lid, and smoke for 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat reads 165°F.
7. Let the meat rest for 3 minutes before serving.