Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
6 cups diced cooked chicken
3 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese, divided
1 cup sour cream
1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
2 (10-ounce) cans red or green enchilada sauce, divided
12 (8-inch) flour tortillas
½ cup chopped scallions
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Supply your smoker with wood pellets and follow the manufacturer’s specific start-up procedure. Preheat, with the lid closed, to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cooked chicken, 2 cups of cheese, the sour cream, and green chiles to make the filling.
3. Pour one can of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish or aluminum pan.
4. Spoon ⅓ cup of the filling on each tortilla and roll up securely.
5. Transfer the tortillas seam-side down to the baking dish, then pour the remaining can of enchilada sauce over them, coating all exposed surfaces of the tortillas.
6. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese over the enchiladas and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
7. Bake on the grill, with the lid closed, for 30 minutes, then remove the foil.
8. Continue baking with the lid closed for 15 minutes, or until bubbly.
9. Garnish the enchiladas with the chopped scallions and cilantro and serve immediately.