Buck is proud to work with Transportation Alternatives to bring attention to Spatial Equity NYC, a new tool created with MIT’s Norman B. Leventhal Center for Advanced Urbanism that maps the (in)equity of space And how it affects our health, the environment and so on. the way we move around.
To coincide with the release of Spatial Equity NYC, Buck created a short film that highlights how data can reveal inequalities in NYC streets and city planning—and offers positive solutions for the people of New York.
Not all roads are created equal
A Tool for a Better New York
Some streets are wide and leafy, others narrow and steamy, and the rest famously congested. One size doesn’t fit all at New York’s Terra Firma. However, those differences can lead to unequal outcomes for their citizens, and Transportation Choices is working with MIT on a tool that aims to reveal those disparities.
The tool, Spatial Equity NYC, uses publicly available data to measure, compare and visualize the different types of public space – from streets to bus lanes to parks – between neighborhoods. That data is then combined with demographic data, from street-level to city-wide. It is expected that this tool will be used by New Yorkers from all walks of life to improve roads and make the city safer and better for all.
This was exactly the kind of project we at BUCK love to build – creatively fulfilling while raising awareness of public space equity in New York City.
- Executive Creative Director: Ben Langsfeld
- Executive Producer: Kim Stephens
- Creative Director: Agee Souer
- Head of Strategy: Marla Moore
- Producer: Dani Ramirez; Tamara Campbell
- Associate Creative Director: Doug Hindon
- 2D Animation Lead: Diego Abada
- Art Director: Pierre-Nicolas Riou
- Head of Copy: David Evans
- Design: Diego Abad; Jose Flores
- Senior Copywriter: Josephine Hentz
- Senior 2D Animator: Vero Gomez
- Junior 2D Animator: Meitar Almog
- 2D Apprentice: Yinan Liang
- Client: Danny Harris
- Client: Katie Lorah
- 2D Animation: Tucker Klein
- Music Studio: Ambrose Yu
- Audio Mix: Ambrose Yu