This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, we encourage you to get vaccinated for a safer and more convenient trip.
A good sale in Sydney
American’s $935 fare is a regular economy fare with ONE checked bag, advance seat assignment, and one full-size carry-on bag included
American also offers a fare of $815, but this is a Basic Economy fare. These Basic Economy fares:
- NOT allow seats to be assigned in advance
- NOT include a 2nd checked bag, which will cost $100. It includes ONE control bag.
- NOT allow changes
- NOT allow cancellations – so if you cancel after the 24-hour risk-free period, the Basic Economy version will have no value for future travel
- Most online travel agencies do not correctly display these rates in BASIC ECONOMY.
Australia is open to tourists again. In addition to all COVID-related requirements, you must obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization to enter Australia. There are many scam sites that sell them for over AUD $20 which you can get directly from the Australian government.
Subscribe to our real-time newsletter to receive economy class offers for your city approximately one hour before they’re even posted on our website and social media – all for about a penny a day.
Interested in Business Class, First Class or Premium Economy offers? Sign up for our Premium newsletter for about a day shift.
Example of travel date:
- This is just A SAMPLE travel date, for availability please follow the ‘Fare Availability’ and ‘How to Check Availability’ instructions below
- Valid for travel from late October to November. Must purchase at least 3 days prior to departure
- Please note that while this rate is valid at the time of publication, if this post is more than two days old, the rate is likely gone.
How to search for availability:
- It’s just to check availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to the “How to buy” section of this article
- Use Matrix Airfare Search by ITA Software and use the following search criteria:
- Origin: DFW
- Original advanced routing code:
- Routing codes: Yes yes
- Post codes: max connect 240
- This instructs Matrix Airfare Search by ITA Software to search for the Basic Economy fare. Use these dates on Price line and you will have the option to upgrade to the regular economy fare.
- Destination: SYD
- Return advanced routing code:
- Routing codes: Yes yes
- Post codes: max connect 240
- (Click the Advanced Codes link to enable advanced routing code entry)
- Select “View Lowest Fare Calendar”
- Duration “3-10” (this is just an example, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14, etc.)
- Beginner’s Guide to Using Matrix by ITA Software
- How to read airfare rules and use them to your advantage
- Matrix Airfare Search by ITA Software search page should be like below when all values are entered
- You cannot purchase tickets using Matrix Airfare Search by ITA Software. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to buy” section below.
- DFW – LAX (Los Angeles) – SYD (Sydney) – LAX – DFW
- Miles traveled: 17,444 miles or 5.4 cents per mile
- Loyalty points : 3,350 points
- Redeemable miles: 3,350 miles
How to buy:
- Support us using our Price line link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- Select the $815 fare from the search results and you’ll have the option to upgrade to a regular fare for an additional $120 (or $935 round trip total). The regular fare with advance seat assignment and ONE checked bag included.
- TripAdvisor – One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from over 200 sites.
- Car Rental – One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, etc.
Activities and visits
- Viator – The World’s Largest Marketplace for Destination Activities and Tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival. Other nationals, consult the TIMATIC Visa database
- Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD). $1 = $1.44
Tips for saving when using credit cards in international destinations:
For more on the latest cheap flight deals to Dallas/Fort Worth:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities or travel insurance affiliate links to make a reservation or apply and are approved for a credit card using our link above . We thank you for your continued support.
To ensure you receive our latest offers, LIKE our Facebook page The Flight Deal, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDealor subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS feed or subscribe via email (once a day)
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about offers from third-party travel providers and refer you to their sites. The information published by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the providers, and therefore we do not guarantee that their offers will not change or become available. We are also not responsible for their products, services or site content. Please check their sites for the most up-to-date information on offers and all applicable terms and conditions.