This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, we encourage you to get vaccinated for a safer and more convenient trip.
A good sale in Milan
The $502 fare includes one checked bag each way.
The $447 fare is a Basic Economy / Economy Light fare with restrictions. Scandinavian Airlines Basic Economy / Economy Light fares:
- NOT include checked baggage – it’s $60 each way if purchased 22 hours before check-in. It will be $120 at airport check-in.
- NOT allow changes
- NOT allow cancellations – so if you cancel after the 24-hour risk-free period, the Basic Economy version will have no value for a future purchase
- Most online travel agencies do not display Scandinavian Airlines Basic Economy / Economy Light fares as such.
Sign up for our real-time newsletter to receive economy class offers for your city approximately one hour before they’re even posted on our website and social media – all for about a penny a day.
Interested in Business Class, First Class or Premium Economy offers? Sign up for our Premium newsletter for about a day shift.
Example of travel date:
- This is just a SAMPLE travel date, for availability please follow the ‘Fare Availability’ and ‘How to Check Availability’ instructions below
- Valid for travel in November or January 2023 – early March 2023. Sunday stay required. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 28 days prior to departure
- Please note that while this rate is valid at the time of publication, if this post is more than two days old, the rate is likely gone.
How to search for availability:
- It’s just to check availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to the “How to buy” section of this article
- Use Matrix Airfare Search by ITA Software and use the following search criteria:
- Origin: EEA
- Original advanced routing code:
- Routing codes: sk CPH sk
- Post codes: fbc=T
- This instructs Matrix Airfare Search by ITA Software to search for the Basic Economy / Economy Light fare. Use these dates on Scandinavian and you’ll have the option to upgrade to a regular economy fare.
- Destination: MXP
- Return advanced routing code:
- Routing codes: sk CPH sk
- Post codes: fbc=T
- (Click the Advanced Codes link to enable advanced routing code entry)
- Select “View Lowest Fare Calendar”
- Duration “3-10” (this is just an example, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14, etc.)
- Beginner’s Guide to Using Matrix by ITA Software
- How to read airfare rules and use them to your advantage
- Matrix Airfare Search by ITA Software search page should be like below when all values are entered
- You cannot purchase tickets using Matrix Airfare Search by ITA Software. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to buy” section below.
- EWR – CPH (Copenhagen) – MXP (Milan) – CPH – EWR
Scandinavian Airlines is a member of Star Alliance and a partner of United. Mileage accrual with United is as follows:
- Miles traveled: 9,128 miles or 5.5 cents per mile
- Redeemable miles: 4,564 miles
How to buy:
- Book on Scandinavian with dates found on Matrix Airfare Search by ITA Software.
- TripAdvisor – One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from over 200 sites.
- Car Rental – One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, etc.
Activities and visits
- Viator – The World’s Largest Marketplace for Destination Activities and Tours
- Visa: US citizens – Not required. Other nationals, consult the TIMATIC Visa database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). US$1 = EUR 1.00
Tips for saving when using credit cards in international destinations:
For more information on the latest cheap flight deals to New York:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities or travel insurance affiliate links to make a reservation or request and are approved for a credit card using our link above. We thank you for your continued support.
To ensure you receive our latest offers, LIKE our Facebook page The Flight Deal, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDealor subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS feed or subscribe via email (once a day)
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about offers from third-party travel providers and refer you to their sites. The information published by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the providers, and therefore we do not guarantee that their offers will not change or become available. We are also not responsible for their products, services or site content. Please check their sites for the most up-to-date information on offers and all applicable terms and conditions.